Saturday, March 17, 2012

Book review: Shadowspell by Jenna Black




Yeah.

Um.

It's odd.

Not much I can 'review', to be honest.

I actually really enjoyed the first book-- it was a good insight to the story and an introduction to the characters. But this one . . . I'll be honest, here-- I skimmed throughout most of the story and not found myself missing out on much. Dana annoys me: She's snarky, sure, but I found that I couldn't exactly relate to her at all. 

The plot was odd, I thought. I'm not sure how else to describe it. 

Also, the writing was very, very basic. Simple. Nothing special. That was something that I noticed during the first one, but for some reason, I thought that the authors writing would . . . I don't know, pick up? 

Will I read the next book? I think that I will, but I know now not to expect anything special. You never know, it might surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment