Sunday, August 19, 2012

Every You, Every Me by David Levithan

I gave this book 2 stars out of a possible 5 -


   


I finished this book last night. It was quick, it was fast-paced. This novel did not take me at all long to finish reading, which is good, because if it was longer I would have quite possibly not finished it at all.

I honestly don't know what to say about this book. I am in two minds at the moment about it. There were elements about it that I loved; the mysterious photos for example. And there were things that I despised; the lame ending and the awfully depressing writing. 

Evan is possibly one of the most depressing character that I've read about. He was a prime reason that I never usually read these sorts of realistic teen-fiction novels. I'm not sure why I decided to pick this on up - the intriguing cover might have had something to do with it. 

The eding was also kina lame, as well. I was expecting a twist, a shock, something that made me go, "Wow! I didn't see that one coming!" but unfortunately, this book didn't do that for me.

In the end, I made the choice of giving this two stars. One for the photographs, half a star for the writing, and another half a star for the idea behind the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment